Proper cleaning and maintenance are important to the long life and beauty of your laminate floor. Typically sweeping or vacuuming is usually adequate enough to keep your floor clean. Depending on the traffic you floor gets you will occasionally need to clean your laminate with a terrycloth slightly moistened with a laminate flooring cleaner. There are kits supplied so that you don't have to be on your hands and knees to clean your floor.
*A preferred cleaner would be Bona X Hardwood Floor Cleaner (Available at Joseph’s Flooring)
- Excessive moisture may affect a laminate floors performance (Do not flood the floor with water).
- Laminates do not need wax or polish.
- Extremely impact and scratch resistant.
- Stain resistant (most spills wipe off quickly & easily, while some others may take a little more work).
- Do not use soap-based detergents on your laminate. Doing so may leave a dull finish on your floor.
- Do not use any abrasive cleaners or steel wool, as these may scratch your floor.
- Use felt protectors on the bottoms of your chairs, tables, and any other furniture to help protect your floor from fine scratches.
- Placing doormats outside the entrances of your home will help prevent dirt, fine sand, driveway sealer, and oils from being tracked onto your laminate floor.
- Touch up kits are available for repairing.
- Trims and molding are available and they color coordinate with the flooring you choose.
- Because laminates are floating floors, it may have a natural drum sound (natural hollow sound) when walked on. (Joseph's Flooring offers special types of pad to help reduce that sound).